Posted to alt.home.repair
aemeijers aemeijers is offline

Default Five Rooms of Flooring Going Into the Dumpster

mike wrote:
On May 19, 1:43 pm, "h" wrote:
That's assuming the demo crew know how to remove things properly. I always
cringe when I watch the DIY kitchen shows and see clueless DIYers removing
countertops and cabinets with a SLEDGEHAMMER. Unless they were installed
very strangely, they should just unscrew from whatever they were mounted to.

Screws? Ha. You're more likely to face 1000 nails that are driven
extra deep or covered with formica and adhesive.

Very few kitchens in the last 40 years have field-applied formica. Very
few people can nail UP inside a base cabinet. If not screws, countertop
is most likely glued down with construction adhesive.

--
aem sends...