Posted to alt.home.repair
Tony Hwang Tony Hwang is offline

Default Buying new TV

desgnr wrote:
Whats the difference ?
I can get a Sony LCD 32" 720p 60hz. for $ 404.00
A Vizio 32" 1080p 60 hz. for $494.00
or a Vizio 32" 1080p 120 hz. for $ $548.00

Which is the best buy ?

Whats the difference between 720p & 1080p
& 60 hz.or 120 hz.
Is there really a difference i can see ?

Hi,
Even at same size and resolution there are many different quality level.
Under 40", 720P will do but if you want to watch full HD(1080P) Blue ray
movie, native 1080P is better also 120Hz is better than 60Hz for sure
for fast moving object like sports games. Plasma panel does not have
this problem. We have 65" Panasonic full HD Plasma panel with upscaling
A/V Denon receiver. We seldom go out for movie now. I help install a
full HD projector at my friend's mountain village home with a full
shebang including special custom chairs and even pop corn machine. CR
rated Vizio brand pretty high.

Look for good color reproductio at movie mode, too high contrast, to
bright display is impressive at firsat but it is hrd on your eyes for
daily watching. Sales people always jack up the brightness/contrast to
impress you. One thing to have is a set up DVD when you get the TV. The
DVD will help you set up the TV display proper to your liking. Displays
which could show near true black or true white is good one.