Posted to alt.home.repair
Tony Hwang Tony Hwang is offline

Default Five Rooms of Flooring Going Into the Dumpster

wrote:
Good grief! The condo above us was just sold, for half the price the
previous owner paid. The last owner spent about a year remodeling and
redecorating...all new flooring, new kitchen, some changes in bathrooms.
Now the new owner has hired a guy to take out all of the flooring. I
understand the new kitchen cabinets will go, too. Makes me want to cry.
I took a look in the dumpster...couldn't make out a brand name on it,
only "Made in Germany". Looks new, tongue and groove. I think it all
looks cheap, but perhaps this stuff isn't worth saving. I don't know the
owner, or how to contact him, or I would suggest saving the stuff and
offering it to whomever wants to pick it up.

Hi,
That is nothing. In my city, there is a neighborhood called Lakeview
which is upper class. Most houses there are quite old but very well
kept or renovated. Our family lawyer lives there. Near his house some
family bought a house and tore it down to build a brand new one. When
the house was almost done, this guy demolished the whole structure and
started another different style house which is finished now. I still
wonder about this.