Posted to alt.home.repair
keith keith is offline

Default Preferred size for a walk-in closet?

On May 19, 12:30*pm, "chaniarts"
wrote:
h wrote:
My final living space will be about 3800 sq ft, with
4br, 3.5baths, separate office and huge workspace. My architect says
it's really 6br, because the office and the workspace count as
bedrooms. Umm, no.

in our area, if it has a closet, it's a bedroom. you should check with your
tax code to see what it is in your area.

That's generally the distinction, but in my last house it was the
other way around. The tax roles defined the number of bedrooms. We
had to pay $6K to list our house as three bedroom. The builder
apparently had it listed as a two bedroom, though it clearly had three.