Posted to alt.home.repair
Frank[_13_] Frank[_13_] is offline

Default looking for suggestion on whole house water filter

On 5/19/2010 9:49 AM, juf wrote:
Frank,

you have the ap903 ?

http://www.aquapure.com/store/whole_house_system/

Mine's an AP 11T which I see is not listed. Their AP 101T might be a
replacement. It appears to have shut off valve in head.

One I bought from plumber does not have a built in shut off valve but he
put in ballcocks before and after the filter plus a bypass ballcock so
you can take off line and bypass to change filter.

El cheapo unit I had before, not Aqua-Pure, had bypass valve in head but
it leaked. I had a new unit that I had bought because I dropped and
broke filter container. I had plumber install it but it also leaked so
he installed/sold me the Aqua-Pure.

You can install these units yourself as I did when younger but now with
bifocals, arthritis etc., I hire plumbers.