Posted to alt.home.repair
h[_11_] h[_11_] is offline

Default Preferred size for a walk-in closet?

"Colbyt" wrote in message

I realize you don't give a hoot about resale right now but only a fool
would completely disregard it. Think about the neighborhood, what type of
buyer would buy your remodeled home? Consider the price range. Make an
informed choice and do what you want. It is your home.

I live out in the boonies and can only see most of my neighbors in the
winter when there are no leaves. We have tiny 600 sq ft farmhouses and 5000
sq ft McMansions in the mile-and-a-half between my house and the nearest
cross street. There are also several other in-home businesses on this road,
so it seems to be more about how you intend to use the house rather than its
selling price. The McMansions seem to be 4br, 5.5baths, with gobs of wasted
"living space", vaulted ceilings, etc. My final living space will be about
3800 sq ft, with 4br, 3.5baths, separate office and huge workspace. My
architect says it's really 6br, because the office and the workspace count
as bedrooms. Umm, no.