Posted to uk.d-i-y,cam.misc,alt.computer
Roland Perry Roland Perry is offline

Default Laptop Batteries where to buy?...

In message , at 17:33:17 on Wed, 19 May
2010, "Dave Plowman (News)" remarked:
In article ,
Roland Perry wrote:
You want to complain something is of poor quality before you've even
seen it? Could I ask why you bought it, then?

Do keep up... if people buy a laptop battery to be shipped from China
(because it's cheaper), they are taking a risk that it won't be a
full-spec device. We then went on to discuss potential remedies.

Where do you imagine the full price maker's batteries are made?

In more ethical factories.

And I'd suggest you check the specs of *anything* before buying.

If the seller is a liar, the claimed spec is irrelevant.

Can end in tears if you don't. Even if it only comes from Luton. Or
perhaps you think con artists don't exist in the UK?

Of course they do, but they are easier to get redress from (directly or
indirectly).
--
Roland Perry