Posted to alt.home.repair
Hustlin' Hank Hustlin' Hank is offline

Default String Trimmer Question

On May 16, 1:47�am, "benick" wrote:
My 4 year old Ryobi string trimmer started acting up and I can't figure
what's wrong...It starts fine and idles till it warms up then stalls but
will start right back up..It also bogs down and stalls when you hit the
throttle/trigger...Cleaned the air filter , changed the plug , cleaned the
spark arrestor screen...No change..Also checked the gas I am using in my
chainsaw and it seems fine..Gonna pick up some carb cleaner next trip into
town and try that...Anything else I could check ?? Rebuilding carb would be
a shop thing...Eyes aren't what they used to be and I suffer with Fat Finger
Syndrome...LOL...Thanks for any help....

When I work on trimmers that people bring me to fix, I always put in a
new plug, new gas lines, clean carb by dis-assembling it, not using
some sort of spray-on carb cleaner (it don't work). I make sure the
gas cap vent valve is working and I make sure the fuel filter is
attached inside the tank. Many times the fuel lines get mushy and the
filter falls off letting the fuel line spring up above the fuel level.
Do all the above correctly and it will run fine for years to come.

Hank