Posted to alt.home.repair
Evan[_3_] Evan[_3_] is offline

Default How to prep aluminum for painting?

On May 18, 10:41*am, "Jean" wrote:
I have a screen room with aluminum framework. One piece of the aluminum has
had the original bronze finish stripped off by some sort of animal
"excrement". After I lightly sand the aluminum, what should I use to
prime/prep the metal before I spray it with bronze-colored paint?

Thanks,

Jean

You can paint it if you like, it is all about the proper prep
work...

You will find that the finish you apply will be more effected
by further bird droppings and environmental issues like
hail than the factory applied finish...

Might be something you would have to touch up every
year if you are one of those people that are anal about
appearance things like that...

~~ Evan