Posted to misc.consumers.frugal-living,alt.home.repair,misc.consumers.house,rec.food.cooking,uk.d-i-y
keith keith is offline

Default What are currently your best saving tips ?

On May 18, 10:30*am, "Bob F" wrote:
Bob F wrote:
Cindy Hamilton wrote:
...and that water in the return line never gets hot? ...or it never
cools off? You're FOS

Well, look at it this way:

The water in the return line is probably close to room temperature.
He only
has to heat it from room temperature to his target temperature. *If
he was pulling in cold water from underground, his heater would have
a lot more work to do. *Yes, there are losses when he's done using
hot water, but probably not as great as the usage from heating up
all of that
40 F water.

Very good point. I hadn't even thought of that aspect. It probably
doubles the savings I get.

It is nice to see others here that can really think.

I guess we can always add that during the heating season, those losses heat the
house, cutting down furnace usage. Since I don't have A/C, no losses there.

You're losing the heat and heating the house.