Posted to alt.home.repair
DD_BobK DD_BobK is offline

Default How to prep aluminum for painting?

On May 18, 7:41*am, "Jean" wrote:
I have a screen room with aluminum framework. One piece of the aluminum has
had the original bronze finish stripped off by some sort of animal
"excrement". After I lightly sand the aluminum, what should I use to
prime/prep the metal before I spray it with bronze-colored paint?

Thanks,

Jean

Jasco Prime & Prep the best stuff for priming metal for paint;
rusted or un-rusted steel, glavanized steel and aluminum

I searched for metal prep compound summer 2006 & after extensive
research found this stuff

Jasco Prime & Prep

***looks like they've been acquired by Strip-Kleen

Phosphoric Prep & Etch

Klean-Strip®
Phosphoric Prep & Etch does the job of three products:
1) Removes rust from iron and steel surfaces,
2) treats metal surfaces, including galvanized and aluminum, to allow
better paint adhesion,
3) etches concrete to allow paint or stains to penetrate and adhere.

http://www.jasco-help.com

cheers
Bob