Posted to alt.home.repair
Evan[_3_] Evan[_3_] is offline

Default String Trimmer Question

On May 18, 3:17*am, harry wrote:
On May 18, 4:04 am, Tony Hwang wrote:

benick wrote:
My 4 year old Ryobi string trimmer started acting up and I can't figure
what's wrong...It starts fine and idles till it warms up then stalls but
will start right back up..It also bogs down and stalls when you hit the
throttle/trigger...Cleaned the air filter , changed the plug , cleaned
the spark arrestor screen...No change..Also checked the gas I am using
in my chainsaw and it seems fine..Gonna pick up some carb cleaner next
trip into town and try that...Anything else I could check ?? Rebuilding
carb would be a shop thing...Eyes aren't what they used to be and I
suffer with Fat Finger Syndrome...LOL...Thanks for any help....

Hi,
Fuel tank air vent?

Yes. Good point. Try running it with the fuel cap slackened off.

If it was the fuel tank air vent (and the resulting vacuum that would
prevent fuel from getting to the engine) then it would not start right
back up as the OP describes, it would take a period of time as the
engine cools off and the air very slowly gets back into the fuel tank
to break the vacuum before it would start up again...

~~ Evan