Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Denis G. Denis G. is offline

Default OT - frustrated and baffled over garage door springs

On May 18, 8:13*am, Larry Jaques wrote:
On Tue, 18 May 2010 01:05:38 -0400, Bob Engelhardt
wrote the following:

Denis G. wrote:
Maybe you could find a way to measure and compare the tension of each
cable with something like this:http://www.landfallnavigation.com/hlpt2..html
(or a DIY version). *Might help to isolate the cause of the problem.

Yeah - a DIM version would be easy since it wouldn't have to be
calibrated - I only need to know when the tensions are equal.

Strum them, Bob. *It'll get you ballpark close, like tuning a bass
guitar string. *(no fish jokes, please)

--
Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our
inclinations, or the dictates of our passion, they cannot alter

I heard that this sort of thing causes whale beachings. (cetacean joke)