Posted to alt.home.repair
Harlan Messinger[_2_] Harlan Messinger[_2_] is offline

Default Mosque.

HeyBub wrote:
Harlan Messinger wrote:
Bob Villa wrote:
On May 17, 7:21 am, harry wrote:
Hey, I hear there's gonna be a massive new mosque built on ground
zero in New York. You'd better all get your six shooters out & get
yo asses over there........... Heh! Heh!
Two blocks away is not ON ground zero...as you stated! Still not
acceptable in my opinion.

It would be interesting to compile a list of churches that lie within
X meters, for some number X, of locations where atrocities have been
committed at some time in the last 2,000 years in the name of
Christianity.

Let's compare apple and apples. Compile a list of churches whose members, in
the past ten years, have committed unspeakable atrocities on thousands.

Oh, I see, it has to have been in the last ten years, and then the vile
and ignorant acts of a few become the fault of every member and every
congregation of the major world religion to which they subscribed and
society gets to indulge its grief by blaming them in their entirety and
it becomes OK to set up arbitrary barriers and subject them to
discriminatory treatment. Grief and outrage always justify the passing
on of retribution to others. These centuries- and millennia-long cycles
of resentment and scorn and redirected comeuppance are really, really
healthy for the world and we should encourage them as much as we can.