Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Ryobi Blower Only Runs With Choke Closed

That's pretty close to what I was going to write. I've seen engines,
typically Briggs or Tecumseh, the gasket between the carb and the
engine is missing, or badly leaking. New gasket, and some Permatex
#2b, non hardening, and the engine runs much better.

The other time I saw that was on a farm tractor, the farmer had taken
off the oil bath air filter, and it would only run part choke.

--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

"Pavel314" wrote in message

Many years ago, I had a car that started acting like that. It turned
out that the carb was loose, allowing air to leak in and dilute the
vapors, hence only running with a closed choke. Check to see if the
carb is loose or a vacuum tube is disconnected or broken.

Paul