Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Angle grinder for cutting wood

On Mon, 17 May 2010 12:26:50 -0400, "Mike Marlow"
wrote the following:

"Larry Jaques" wrote in message
.. .

Do these gas trimmer attachments keep the motor upside down when
running, or how do they work? It seems like that would be a problem.

Nope - you hold the trimmer head in the normal fashion, except pointed
upward.

By trimmer "head" I meant "the engine end", Mike.

Normal trimmer: Engine/gas tank upright (45 degrees?) when working end
is down. Now, when you take the string spool off and put a saw on the
end, then tilt it 90-135 degrees upward, doesn't the engine end up
upside down? If not, why not?

--
Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our
inclinations, or the dictates of our passion, they cannot alter