Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Ned Simmons Ned Simmons is offline

Default OK, this is waaay off topic but .......

On Mon, 17 May 2010 13:55:26 -0700 (PDT), "
wrote:

I recently made my first batch of yogurt and used a Salton Yogurt
Maker that holds 5 little cups.

Now I want to make a larger quantity and to do this I need a larger
'incubator' but I am a real electrical dunce.

About every two weeks I make a gallon of yogurt and just put a batch
to bed about fifteen minutes ago. I don't use any heat other than that
left over from scalding the milk and make it in four old glass lidded
Mason jars. Scald the milk at about 200F. Pour the hot milk into the
jars. Let it cool to 135-140F. Thin about a cup of yogurt from the
last batch with a bit of reserved scalded milk. Divide that among the
jars and mix. Wrap up the jars well and let stand overnight.

I use a couple pieces of 1" foam cut to make a drum shaped container
as insulation, but find it's not quite enough. A bath towel folded in
half and placed over the foam is just right. I've also used a sleeping
bag successfully.

--
Ned Simmons