Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default OT - frustrated and baffled over garage door springs

wrote:
You can probably put together what you need from parts if you're
willing to wade through the advice given here
http://www.truetex.com/garage.htm.

I saw that page - good stuff. BUt about replacing a spring in an
existing torsion spring opener. My concern is that I could figure that
I needed a frammel, but I wouldn't realize that I needed a gizzled one
instead of the gazzled one that I ordered.

You could hook up with a friendly installer. Look for a hungry one-man
operation. ...

Maybe for the parts, but I like the challenge of doing it myself (DIM).

Thanks,
Bob