Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
[email protected] limeylew@gmail.com is offline

Default OK, this is waaay off topic but .......

I recently made my first batch of yogurt and used a Salton Yogurt
Maker that holds 5 little cups.

Now I want to make a larger quantity and to do this I need a larger
'incubator' but I am a real electrical dunce.

The incubator needs to remain at about 110 – 120 degrees for 8 – 10
hours and my idea is to use some kind of light bulbs to achieve this
but I'm not sure what kind of thermostat I would need to do this.

About 20 years ago I made an oven in which I cooked the paint on
bicycle frames that I made, so I see this as being a somewhat similar
project, except that I think I used some kind of thermostat that
cooked the paint at 180 degrees.

I no longer have this oven and have no idea who advised me as to how
to choose a thermostat. What I did see during one of my searches was
the term 'dimming thermostat' and I would appreciate if you could tell
me whether a 'dimming thermostat' is what I need or, if not, what
would be the appropriate device to use?

TIA.

Lewis

*****