Posted to alt.home.repair
benick[_2_] benick[_2_] is offline

Default String Trimmer Question

"EXT" wrote in message
anews.com...

"benick" wrote in message
. ..
My 4 year old Ryobi string trimmer started acting up and I can't figure
what's wrong...It starts fine and idles till it warms up then stalls but
will start right back up..It also bogs down and stalls when you hit the
throttle/trigger...Cleaned the air filter , changed the plug , cleaned
the spark arrestor screen...No change..Also checked the gas I am using in
my chainsaw and it seems fine..Gonna pick up some carb cleaner next trip
into town and try that...Anything else I could check ?? Rebuilding carb
would be a shop thing...Eyes aren't what they used to be and I suffer
with Fat Finger Syndrome...LOL...Thanks for any help....

Had a Sthil (sp.) string trimmer that would not run after every winter
without disassembling and flushing out the carb. It was a simple 1 1/2
inch cube of metal with ports and channels milled into it. Easy to
disassemble but one had to be careful not to lose tiny parts. Once it was
done (I never saw any dirt while cleaning) it would run fine until next
spring even though I drained and ran it dry in the fall.

It started acting up last summer the last time I used it so over the winter
I changed the plug and cleaned the spark arrester screen with no improvement
so it's not a winter storage issue..I have bought some carb cleaner and will
try that and check the fuel filter..If that don't do it I will probably get
another one...To cheap to mess with too much...