Posted to misc.consumers.frugal-living,alt.home.repair,misc.consumers.house,rec.food.cooking,uk.d-i-y
GregS[_3_] GregS[_3_] is offline

Default What are currently your best saving tips ?

In article , "Rod Speed" wrote:
Giusi wrote
Bob F wrote

How can that be true, no hot water is wasted in a cold fill dishwasher.

But heating it may cost more, if the water heater is gas, for instance.

No,

Yes, he did say MAY.

because a tank water heater works 24/7 no matter how cheap

Plenty of the water heaters dont store the hot water.

(and that's strictly temporary) gas may be.

Not necessarily.

The dishwasher fills with a couple of liters of water, rinses, drains, then 3

liters that it heats.

Yes, but a dishwasher that uses piped hot water doesnt have to use hot water
all the time.

It takes less than a minute to heat because it is so little water. Same for

the rinses.

The rinses arent necessarily done with hot water. Only my last one is.

We are encouraged to use our dishwashers in Italy because it uses less water

and energy than handwashing.

The energy claim is very dubious, particularly with drying.

Potable water and energy are both a potential big problem here.

But they dont necessarily use less total energy, particularly with drying.

i always throw in the fodd along with my dishes, why waste energy ???

http://www.salon.com/nov96/salmon961118.html