Posted to misc.consumers.frugal-living,alt.home.repair,misc.consumers.house,rec.food.cooking,uk.d-i-y
Giusi[_3_] Giusi[_3_] is offline

Default What are currently your best saving tips ?

"Bob F" ha scritto nel messaggio
Giusi wrote:
We do not have heated drying in our DWs. It dries using reserved heat
from a superhot rinse cycle. You can hear silence for a period
followed by the sound of the drain opening. The dishes are very hot.
On occasion I have opened it right away to get something I wanted and
burned my fingers, but there is not hot air period that follows that
rinse.

That energy claim is made by many (most?) utilities in the US also.

What does that mean... that my DW does have a hot air dry and I just don't
know it? You'll just have to trust me on that. Water is heated in small
quantities twice and there is no hot air drying. It is low energy and very
low water consumption.