Posted to alt.home.repair
Tony[_19_] Tony[_19_] is offline

Default Stranded roof/gutter ideas?

HeyBub wrote:
cubby wrote:
I am rebuilding an above garage master at my home. Two gable dormers
at the front, and original plan was to run eyebrow and gutter all the
way across to take care of drainage with down pipe at far corner.
Long story short, have had to raise side wall height to accommodate
less steep rafter pitch and will not have sufficient room for eyebrows
(unless I wanted the windows above eye level). So now I have a space
between the two dormers that is "stranded". I can't run guttering
straight down from it as there is only around 8 inches of space
between garage doors that is occupied by lights I don't want to lose.
And running gutter horizonatally over to the left or right corner of
the property would be very ugly I think. I really want to come up
with a way to deal with it, because without any drainage (as it is
today with all gutters removed ready for demo) water splashes onto
garage doors, into garage and is rotting posts supporting the walls.

Has anyone ever seen a way to deal with this? I can't think of
anything, but if anyone can, this group can.

TIA, Cubby.

Run the downspout INSIDE the wall, exiting at the driveway. Downspouts
inside building facades are quite common on commercial buildings.

I know of a 2 1/2 story brick house with slate roof with the downspouts
built in the wall. Probably close to 100 years old.

The owner had a new roof put on and went to the expense to rebuild the
downspouts inside the wall.