Posted to uk.d-i-y,cam.misc,alt.computer
Man at B&Q Man at B&Q is offline

Default Laptop Batteries where to buy?...

On May 17, 11:01*am, Jon Green wrote:

In articleNcydnczlOfPtnGzWnZ2dnUVZ8sqdn...@brightvie w.co.uk,
* * Jon *wrote:
It's worth checking the capacities of both the manufacturer's own part
and the third party replacement. *I was looking at one for my laptop:
4400mAH as quoted. *When I checked the original part, that was 5800mAH.
* *No sale...

Surely that depends on the price? Two 4400mAH batteries for the cost of
one 5800mAH for example could be worth having if everything else is equal.

Well, I don't want to carry around two spare batteries rather than one,
I don't want my laptop to run out of juice early, and the fact that the
"replacement" part has a markedly lower capacity speaks volumes of the
quality of the cells it contains. *I value my laptop enough that I don't
want to fire an extinguisher at it!

Some laptop manufactureres have a rabge of batteries of different
capacity. It may well be that 4400mAH is a kosher replacement for the
bottom of the range and just doesn't suit you.

MBQ