Posted to uk.d-i-y,cam.misc,alt.computer
baron baron is offline

Default Laptop Batteries where to buy?...

Jon Green Inscribed thus:

On 17/05/2010 07:46, pete wrote:
Yes, there are lots of suppliers of laptop bateries on eBay. Some are
even in the UK! I'd love to believe that all their wares were new,
full spec. manufacturer's quality product and actually had the mA*Hr
capacity they claim. And that they would last for as many recharge
cycles as the "proper" ones at twice the price.

It's worth checking the capacities of both the manufacturer's own part
and the third party replacement. I was looking at one for my laptop:
4400mAH as quoted. When I checked the original part, that was
5800mAH.
No sale...

Jon

Manufacturers are reducing the capacity of the battery packs as a method
of reducing costs. I've seen Acer laptops with three battery size
options for the same machine ! Only machine cosmetic differences and
price, separate them.

--
Best Regards:
Baron.