Posted to uk.d-i-y,cam.misc,alt.computer

Default Laptop Batteries where to buy?...

Dave Plowman (News) wrote:
In article ,
Jon Green wrote:
On 17/05/2010 07:46, pete wrote:
Yes, there are lots of suppliers of laptop bateries on eBay. Some are
even in the UK! I'd love to believe that all their wares were new,
full spec. manufacturer's quality product and actually had the mA*Hr
capacity they claim. And that they would last for as many recharge
cycles as the "proper" ones at twice the price.

It's worth checking the capacities of both the manufacturer's own part
and the third party replacement. I was looking at one for my laptop:
4400mAH as quoted. When I checked the original part, that was 5800mAH.
No sale...

Surely that depends on the price? Two 4400mAH batteries for the cost of
one 5800mAH for example could be worth having if everything else is equal.

And the capacity of a battery depends critically on how fast you drain
it, and what endpoint voltage you let it go to.

And cells are probably +-10% anyway.