Posted to alt.home.repair
dpb dpb is offline

Default Stranded roof/gutter ideas?

David Nebenzahl wrote:
On 5/16/2010 10:31 AM HeyBub spake thus:

cubby wrote:

[...] I can't run guttering straight down from it as there is only
around 8 inches of space between garage doors that is occupied by
lights I don't want to lose. And running gutter horizonatally over
to the left or right corner of the property would be very ugly I
think. I really want to come up with a way to deal with it, because
without any drainage (as it is today with all gutters removed ready
for demo) water splashes onto garage doors, into garage and is
rotting posts supporting the walls.

Has anyone ever seen a way to deal with this? I can't think of
anything, but if anyone can, this group can.

Run the downspout INSIDE the wall, exiting at the driveway. Downspouts
inside building facades are quite common on commercial buildings.

Provided, of course, that you're extra-careful with the downspout: don't
use cheap stuff, secure and seal the connections. You damn sure don't
want a leaking drainpipe inside a wall. (If the garage isn't finished,
it'll be a lot easier as it'll be exposed.)

Not to mention most commercial buildings the roof system is inside the
facade rather than making another roof penetration that this would
(afaict) require.

I'm not likin' the idea much; at least w/o seeing the setup...