Posted to alt.home.repair,uk.d-i-y,rec.woodworking
Jim Elbrecht Jim Elbrecht is offline

Default Angle grinder for cutting wood

John Rumm wrote:

On 17/05/2010 02:15, DanG wrote:

-snip-

I have no idea what an alligator saw is. I've been in the
commercial contracting business for over 50 years so please
enlighten me as I may need one some day.

Its a reciprocating saw with twin counter moving blades.

http://www.dewalt.co.uk/powertools/p...s/catno/DW390/

Cool tool. I don't think they are available in the US. all I get
when I search for Alligator saw is those chainsaw/loppers with the
scissor action-
http://www.buzzillions.com/reviews/b...lp1000-reviews

The downside of a reciprocating saw is their tendency to pull light
material back and forth if it isn't secured.

Can you, for instance, cut a small branch off a tree and keep both
hands on the saw without it shaking the bejeebers out of the tree?

Jim