Posted to alt.home.repair
willshak willshak is offline

Default String Trimmer Question

benick wrote the following:
My 4 year old Ryobi string trimmer started acting up and I can't
figure what's wrong...It starts fine and idles till it warms up then
stalls but will start right back up..It also bogs down and stalls when
you hit the throttle/trigger...Cleaned the air filter , changed the
plug , cleaned the spark arrestor screen...No change..Also checked the
gas I am using in my chainsaw and it seems fine..Gonna pick up some
carb cleaner next trip into town and try that...Anything else I could
check ?? Rebuilding carb would be a shop thing...Eyes aren't what they
used to be and I suffer with Fat Finger Syndrome...LOL...Thanks for
any help....

My Ryobi trimmer requires 6 steps to get it to run.
1. Turn the handle toggle switch to On.
2. Press the primer bulb repeatedly until it fills with gas, then press
a couple of times more.
3. Move the lever to Start (choke?).
4. Pull the cord until the motor starts.
5. Move the lever to Run. The motor should be running at full power.
6. Wait a few seconds and press the triggers, then release, to set it to
idle.
Since my trimmer is only used a few of times a year here in the NE US, I
have to re-educate myself every year.

--

Bill
In Hamptonburgh, NY