Posted to alt.home.repair
KOS KOS is offline

Default Painting Question: Best Way To Paint Indoor Door so brushmarksare minimal

On May 15, 10:04*pm, wrote:
On Sat, 15 May 2010 21:24:51 -0400, "

wrote:
clipped
*I'd revise that to 'LESS DRIFT THAN A SPRAY CAN"
Preval is an expensive way to paint though. I got a cheap touch-up gun
from Princess Auto (like Harbour Fright but in Canada) and use a small
compressor.

Little or no drift. *For the projects I have done, Preval is perfect.
No place to store spray equipment in our condo, no left-over spray cans.
*With Preval sprayers, I can dispense just the amount and color needed,
so there is no waste. *When I last bought refills, I think two refill
cans of air cost about $3. *They clean up nicely and can be reused as
long as the air isn't gone. *For a set of closet doors, I think I used
total 8 cans of air...primed, two coats of paint...so the spray
equipment cost, perhaps, $16?

Last time I bougt Prevals up here they were about $4 EACH - and that
was quite a number of years ago.

im using benjamin moore paint with no vocs,aura or the other.. dont
know if you suggested to add floetrol