Posted to alt.home.repair,uk.d-i-y,rec.woodworking
aemeijers aemeijers is offline

Default Angle grinder for cutting wood

wrote:
On Sun, 16 May 2010 09:35:11 +0100, Harry Bloomfield
wrote:

spamlet has brought this to us :
I also did almost buy a reciprocating saw in either Aldi of Lidl when they
were going v cheap last year. At the time though, I thought I'd always be
fit enough to use hand saws...

The reciprocating saw will fit and cut, where you cannot possibly get a
hand saw into. I have found mine to be particularly useful for cutting
tree roots, whilst still buried in the ground.

With the right blade the sawzall will cut just about anything, just
about anywhere.
And unlike the cheap clones, it will do it decade after decade.

Valid, but only relevant if you are making money with it, or use it a
LOT. For occasional users like me, a cheap knockoff like my B&D corded
that I bought almost new at a garage sale for 20? bucks, is probably
more than sufficient. It probably wouldn't last a month on an active
jobsite, but at a dozen or so cuts a year, it will outlast me.

Don't get me wrong- Milwaukee tools (at least the pro-grade they used to
sell at the supply houses- never looked at the big-box versions) are
great, but for those of us with limited demands and a limited budget,
they are overkill. Like buying Snap-on wrenches to change the lawnmower
sparkplug once a year.

--
aem sends...