Posted to alt.home.repair,uk.d-i-y,rec.woodworking

Default Angle grinder for cutting wood

In article ,
stuart noble writes:
A sawblade has individual teeth is so that the debris from the material
being cut can be thrown clear of the next tooth. If the blade cannot
clear itself, there is just friction but no cutting.
In the old days B&D used to do a 5" circular saw blade as a drill
attachment. Can't imagine what it could have been used for, but at least
it wasn't spinning at 10,000 rpm

I have one of these on the shelf in the garage, but the drill gave up
(the day I just bought several new blades for it, of course).
It worked well for 10+ years, before dedicated circular saws were
available at affordable prices. B&D had a load of drill attachments
of that form. My father also had the circular saw one, but also the
jigsaw and the hedgecutter attachments (and probably some I've
forgotten).

However, this brings up an important point... An angle grinder spins
much faster than the safe operating speed for a circular saw blade,
so don't even think about going there.

--
Andrew Gabriel