Posted to alt.home.repair,uk.d-i-y,rec.woodworking

Default Angle grinder for cutting wood

tony sayer presented the following explanation :
In article , Harry
Bloomfield scribeth thus
spamlet has brought this to us :
I also did almost buy a reciprocating saw in either Aldi of Lidl when they
were going v cheap last year. At the time though, I thought I'd always be
fit enough to use hand saws...

The reciprocating saw will fit and cut, where you cannot possibly get a
hand saw into. I have found mine to be particularly useful for cutting
tree roots, whilst still buried in the ground.

Bet you go thru the blades doing that;!...

No, none have worn out yet. I've managed to cut 12" trees down with it,
lots of roots and cut 4" alloy bar stock.

Which one have U got?..

The blue black Aldi variable speed one. The spring which closes the
lever for foot adjustment seems to have weakened (may just be choked up
with saw dust), other than that it works well.

--
Regards,
Harry (M1BYT) (L)