Posted to alt.home.repair
Bud-- Bud-- is offline

Default Suggestion for 24V/120V relay to control new outlet?

wrote:
On Fri, 14 May 2010 10:09:12 -0500, bud--
wrote:

I always liked taping UF with class 2 to the power conduit for
installations like external condenser/compressors.

--
bud--

That would get you two violations here.
Using a cable as support and using UF as a whip.
You can tape the thermo cable to the (freon) line set but they still
want a liquidtight raceway for the power.

OMG - a virtual red tag.

No sure I was clear on what I meant. When I was installing them long ago
I used sealtite conduit for power. (Or Minneapolis allowed, and probably
preferred back then, flex.)

I suggested tying class 2, in UF, to the sealtight - which is allowed
(300.11-B-2).

I would rather keep the wiring away from the refer guys, but reading
your post reminded me that I tied the UF to the insulated low pressure
line - the hole the refer guys put into the house was too convenient.

I wouldn't want to run power and class 2 in the same raceway even if
allowed.

If I remember right, a couple people linked to your website for the
drill rig explosion/fire. Nice piece.

--
bud--