Swingman

Default Granite table top advice

Thanks for the idea's on fastening the top with wooden cleats glued to the
underside of the granite.

Although it is not finished, it was far enough along to be useable and
present to SWMBO for Christmas, so I moved it into the kitchen for her to
use during the Holidays, and until I get the drawer and drawer assembly done
later this week.

Page 4, Projects Journal on the website below.

As it turns out, the cleats work fine as placement guides for the top, and
to keep it from moving about. And, as Andy indicated, the top is heavy
enough that it will not be necessary to actually screw the cleats to the
aprons.

Not a bad idea for the top to 'float', as the combined weight makes moving
this thing a task and the ability to easily remove the top is welcome.

--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 12/29/03

"Swingman" wrote in message news:...
SWMBO has a 41" X 19" x 3/4" slab of granite cluttering up my shop.

Although
it is nicely beveled on all four sides, it has two rounded corners with a
radius of about 3" (front), and two slightly rounded corners (back), which
means it will have to sit against a wall ... no problem thus far, because
that is SWMBO's intended use/placement.