Posted to misc.consumers.frugal-living,alt.home.repair,misc.consumers.house,rec.food.cooking,uk.d-i-y
Tim Watts Tim Watts is offline

Default What are currently your best saving tips ?

On 16/05/10 00:40, Lou wrote:

For me, the biggest monthly bill is the mortgage.

TBF the rent was the killer on my last place. I own this one outright so
I'd forgotton about that.

But that's only the
biggest one I write a check for. Federal taxes - income and social
security - are bigger yet.

Another good one. Yes, Income Tax and National Insurance are fairly
high. But we have a sneaky scheme called PAYE (Pay as you earn) where,
unless you bother to read your payslip, you only see the net amount -
taxes and NI are creamed off before you get your pay for a majority of jobs.

Local property taxes (I guess that's more or
less the equivalent of your Concil Tax) come in third.

--
Tim Watts

Hung parliament? Rather have a hanged parliament.