Posted to alt.home.repair,misc.consumers.frugal-living,misc.consumers.house,rec.food.cooking,uk.d-i-y
Clive George Clive George is offline

Default What are currently your best saving tips ?

On 15/05/2010 23:23, Tim Watts wrote:

No car? Groceries are our biggest bill but following close behind is
the car. Energy and council tax fight over 3rd.

2 actually. But SWMBO commutes by train (no driving, we live pretty much
next to the station) and I only use it for dump runs and DIY pickups and
days out. I fill up maybe every 2 months.

Depreciation, MOT, insurance, tax, repairs. Our car only gets used for
recreational trips too (though some of them can be quite a long way),
and I think even with zero depreciation (car bought for 500 quid 5 years
ago - it's not worth anything :-) ) it's still going to cost more than
our council tax every year. Close though.