Posted to misc.consumers.frugal-living,alt.home.repair,misc.consumers.house,rec.food.cooking,uk.d-i-y
Tim Watts Tim Watts is offline

Default What are currently your best saving tips ?

On 15/05/10 19:03, zzzzzzzzzz wrote:

Unmetered water is silly. Why don't you use it to generate electricity? Flush
the "waste" down the street.

Not silly for me - especially when mixing lots of concrete and plaster
and the resulting washing out

Dish washers are plumbed to the hot water. They get their water from the same
place your sink does, and less of it. Many dish washers do have heaters to
boost the temperature further, something you can't do washing by hand.

Your general statement has one bad assumption. USA ones may be - nearly
all the new ones here in teh UK (including washing machines) are cold
feed only.

When I lived in Vermont (a *cold* place in hell), my property tax bill was
larger than my heat bill, so I moved South. ;-) My tax bill is still larger
than my heating bill, but both have dropped by 75%. ;-) AC in the summer
makes up for a lot of the missing heat bill, though.

--
Tim Watts

Hung parliament? Rather have a hanged parliament.