Posted to misc.consumers.frugal-living,alt.home.repair,misc.consumers.house,rec.food.cooking,uk.d-i-y

Default What are currently your best saving tips ?

"Bill" wrote
Don't see the latest movies, be content with the old movies. Disconnect
cable TV. Instead buy old VHS tapes at yard sales. These are selling for
50 cents each at yard sales now in my area. For $30 a month, you can begin
to acquire a very large collection of VHS tapes. (Use the cable TV money
instead for this.)

That is a personal thing. I'd not pay 50¢ for the latest movie. I can
think of only two times I've gone to a movie in the past 25 years and that
was to take the kids or grandkids. I do spend money on cable TV and watch
History Channel, Nat Geo, Science Channel, Discovery, etc. The Planet Earth
and Life series are infinitely more entertaining that some silly movie, IMO.
Don't miss America: The Story of Us either. I can go on and on about some
of the entertaining and interesting shows on cable networks.

Lean to add....
$15 x 12 months = $180.
$180 x 5 years = $900.
The new refrigerator cost $800.

But don't lean so far that you fall over. or the money will fall out of
your pockets.