Posted to alt.home.repair
RickH RickH is offline

Default Painting Question: Best Way To Paint Indoor Door so brushmarksare minimal

On May 15, 8:45*am, KOS wrote:
I have been painting for several years.. Whenever I paint indoor doors
(as well as outdoors) I just use a brush.. However, sometimes I am
getting unsightly brush strokes... What would be the best way to paint
a door?

Those new rounded-end smooth foam rollers work great for doors. They
come in 6 inch or 3 inch widths, the diameter of these rollers is only
an inch or so (if looking in the store). If it is a panel door I
first do the panel insets/outsets with a sash brush. Then I do all
the remaining flat planes with the foam roller which leaves a perfect
untextured surface and cleans up the lap lines that the brush may have
made on the plane surfaces.