Posted to alt.home.repair
Han Han is offline

Default What are currently your best saving tips ?

The Daring Dufas wrote in news:hsmdkt
:

I've been a mad scientist since I was a kid and all things pertaining
to science and medicine interest me. Does any of your research touch
on the formation of (critical plaques?) I think that's what I read
about. Something about them forming in the walls of blood vessels. I
suppose not many people understand just how important the work you're
involved with is to our aging population. I've had my own problems with
DVT's and such which is why I keep taking NSAIDs. My Doctor friend who
was an electrical engineer before becoming a cardiologist often gets
into the finer points of medicine with me. I fix his ultrasound machine
and computers and he tries to fix me. He's only practicing medicine as
you may know.

The phrase critical plaque is critical. In effect it means that plaques
are suspected (probably correctly) as the place(s) where things start to
go wrong. What we are trying to do is answer the question why in some
people at some point in time the body's natural defense systems fail.
And perhaps how we can give things a shove to start going right.

So we are testing platelet function and white cell functions in patients
who have had a stroke (and in controls) to find out what is different.
Some day we might have answers. The problem is that it is impossible to
do the tests just before a stroke hapens, and unethical to tell the
patient to wait with treatment because we want to test what is going
wrong as it is going wrong.

--
Best regards
Han