Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Painting Question: Best Way To Paint Indoor Door so brushmarks are minimal

On Sat, 15 May 2010 09:54:40 -0400, "Colbyt"
wrote:

"KOS" wrote in message
I have been painting for several years.. Whenever I paint indoor doors
(as well as outdoors) I just use a brush.. However, sometimes I am
getting unsightly brush strokes... What would be the best way to paint
a door?

Paint with the grain. Use a quality brush. Thin the paint a bit. Add
Penetrol to oil base paint or use the latex product (flow something) for
latex paint. Outside don't paint in direct sunlight.

Don't "over brush". The paint has to be wet to self-level.