Posted to alt.home.repair
Han Han is offline

Default What are currently your best saving tips ?

The Daring Dufas wrote in
:

Hey Han, where have you been? I haven't seen you post for a while.
I hope life is treating you well.

TDD

Life's fine! Working hard to train the techs who need to run the
assays you are paying for. Hoping to find some solutions for stroke

A cryptic enough reply.

TDD

I work in medical research. Our interest is finding new ways to treat
stroke, using knowledge about how the body naturally keeps blood in a
fluid state. How does the lining of the blood (endothelial cells)
prevent blood platelets from aggregating and causing thrombus formation
and clots? Those can seriously ruin your day. We have identified a key
protein in these processes, called CD39. We were somewhat short of
funding, but that's much better now thanks to obtaining an NIH grant
(your tax dollars at work), and we could hire personnel to help do the
work we proposed. Now we are training them.

Hope that clarifies.

--
Best regards
Han