Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Bill Noble[_2_] Bill Noble[_2_] is offline

Default OT Vacuum pump maintenance / repair

"Michael A. Terrell" wrote in message
m...

Bill Noble wrote:

"Michael A. Terrell" wrote in message
m...

jk wrote:

"Michael A. Terrell" wrote:

BS. There are no fish or sharks swimming in Florida's air. OTOH,
ESD isn't a big problem here.

Oh???? Isn't that where one of the nation's top lightning research
centers is?

Woooooooooooooooooosh! ESD isn't lightning. A lightning strike
causes a hell of a lot more damage than a HV discharge you don't even
feel. Do you think a wrist strap with a 1 M ohm resistor to ground
will
protect you from lightning? Have you ever worked in Electronics
manufacturing, or even a properly designed repair center? Have you
ever
certified workstations or soldering tools to comply with a company's
ESD
procedure and ISO 9001 process?

LAND SHARK !!!!!

come on - has almost everyone lost their sense of humor?

EBAY SHARK !!!!!

Laugh all you want. You auctioned off your mind & soul on eBay,
anyway.

A big part of my career in electronics dealt with mission critical
systems, and dealing with idiots who thought it was funny to damage
them.

Would you like to live downrange of a missile launch, if the command
destruct receivers we built were defective?

Or need accurate weather data to save your life and the earth stations
we designed & built for NOAA were ESD damaged and they failed due to
poor ESD control?

Here's some humor for you: Lick the drill bit in your drill press
while it's running to save money on cutting fluid.

MT - I guess you really do lack all sense of humor - that is very sad, and
you have my sympathy - you will perhaps live longer by not responding to my
posts if you cannot understand them. I am sorry for you, truly sorry. I
will not engage in a debate with you.