Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
stryped[_3_] stryped[_3_] is offline

Default Combining compressors

On May 13, 6:12*pm, spaco wrote:
Can the electrical service to your garage take the load of all the
compressor hp you will need? *You'd have to assume that they all could
try to start at the same time, doubling the current draw, or more!

* *You say "a" trailer frame. *If you mean only one, then maybe you'd be
better off simply getting a big air supply tank and waiting for it to
pump up from time to time.
* *Since you mention that you don't have 3 phase power, you could
consider using a rotary converter to make your own 3 phase power, if you
do have significant *power available.

Pete Stanaitis

stryped wrote:
I am wanting to do some sandblasting in the future. (Like a trailer
frame). Most pressure blasters with a large nozzle take a huge amount
of air. I dont have 3 phase in my garage. Is it possible to run one
compressor and another one into one line going to the blaster?- Hide quoted text -

I am talking about a pressure pot type blaster, not a blast cabinet.