Posted to alt.home.repair
Oren[_2_] Oren[_2_] is offline

Default American Standard Champion install problem- level off- more than an inch.. looks lopsided, why?

On Wed, 12 May 2010 20:59:10 -0700 (PDT), Harry K
wrote:

You now have the reason that wax rings are passe. The "fernco waxless
toilet seal" is the wave of the future. You can install it once, then
pull it and reinstall muultiple times withouth changing the seal.

I agree the waxless is a better choice, however, I tried one and it
would not seat deep enough into the sewer pipe and rested about 2"
above the flange. The sewer pipe has a sweeping bend so the waxless
would only go so far into the pipe. I thought if they made one that
flexed, it would allow me to use it. I recall adjusting the thing as
short as possible (?), but no joy. Seems they where one size fits all.