Posted to alt.home.repair
Douglas Johnson[_2_] Douglas Johnson[_2_] is offline

Default Replacement of old MAIN all-fuse panel with a circut breaker panel

Jim Elbrecht wrote:

Being careful not to cause a short in the process-- and by bypassing a
seal that the power company put there to keep you from touching
things. By breaking the seal you likely lose your fire insurance
coverage if your bean-counting insurance company can blame the
electric lines for the fire.

Exactly what clause in your fire insurance policy permits them to do that? I
can't find any such in mine and I've looked very carefully (Texas HO-1B). The
only thing that is close would be if they decided I did it deliberately with the
intent to burn the building down. Stupidity doesn't count. -- Doug