Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Ignoramus23926 Ignoramus23926 is offline

Default Combining compressors

On 2010-05-13, chaniarts wrote:
stryped wrote:
I am wanting to do some sandblasting in the future. (Like a trailer
frame). Most pressure blasters with a large nozzle take a huge amount
of air. I dont have 3 phase in my garage. Is it possible to run one
compressor and another one into one line going to the blaster?

find the blasting cabinet that you want to use, and look in it's specs on
how much air you have to provide (psi & cfm). buy that sized compressor. you
don't need 3 phase for a blasting compressor.

My understanding that the small size blast cabinets require 15 CFM,
which means you need a real 5 HP compressor. No three phase
necessary.

The OP can run two compressors, but he needs to be mindful of their
duty cycle.