Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
[email protected] aribert@c3net.net is offline

Default OT Vacuum pump maintenance / repair

On May 12, 10:29*am, "Lloyd E. Sponenburgh"
lloydspinsidemindspring.com wrote:
fired this volley in news:24d5204a-c0fb-4cfe-9aba-
:

o what is considered an inexpensive micron / thermistor vacuum gage?
After a quick search most of these gages run between $200 to $450.
These would appear to be gages for daily professional use. *I found
one gage for $137

I got the Robinaire model you cited for $97 from Network Tool Warehouse
--http://www.ntxtools.com. *They frequently have really hot deals on
refrigeration equipment. *Apparently, they buy new stuff from factories,
but also do large buys from distress sales, and offer the materials at
pretty spectacular prices.

LLoyd

Right now the least expensive micron/thermistor gage at Network Tool
Warehouse is $157. I'm thinking that I'll have to take the risk and
do without (doing a long evacuation and changing the vac pump oil once
during the process), knowing that the accumulator/dryer will be new.
Thanks for the link - I did order an inexpensive flush gun, a few
extra qts of vacuum pump oil and a 134A fitting for my vac pump.