Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
John Husvar John Husvar is offline

Default Gores new home.

In article ,
"Ed Huntress" wrote:

"John Husvar" wrote in message
In article ,
"Ed Huntress" wrote:

"John Husvar" wrote in message
Now, why don't all of you grow up and realize most politician and
_both_
parties are damnable liars whose only real interest is power?

They may mean to rule well, but they mean to rule.

That's all they want. It's what they do.

Nonsense.

Show me.

Go out in the world and take a look for yourself, John. That kind of
throw-away cynicism is not worth arguing with.

Well then, don't argue with it, but don't call it throw-away. It's the
result of years of experience with Ohio politics, home of some of the
nastiest politics anywhere in Flyover Country. Chicago could take
lessons.

There may be reasons, possibly even good reasons, why politicians
abandon nearly everything they talked about during election campaigns,
but few if any ever explain why they do after elected.

How often have you ever heard a politician admit that he would only be
one vote on any issue and probably won't be able to change anything in
any meaningful way in one term; that he might be able to make a start,
but constituents should expect to be disappointed for a long time if
they expect significant change in how politics is done? For that matter,
how many voters really understand that?

I have yet to meet an honest one in either party, or at least one that
stayed honest more than six months into a term.

You must live in a bad place. I've known a couple, and they were serious
people. You need a strong ego and a strong desire for that work, but that
doesn't mean their only interest is power.

I do live in a bad place. You've known a couple; me too. They're
vanishingly rare. You did notice I wrote "most," eh?

The thing that bugs me these days is the cheap-shot politics practiced by
some of the more reprehensible members. That doesn't indict all of them.

Well the shots may be cheap, but the effects aren't.